Information for Parents
At Bushfield we fully support school uniform and believe that it definitely contributes to team spirit, a positive attitude and gives the children a sense of pride. Our uniform is inexpensive and easy to obtain, either at Maisies in Wolverton or at MyClothing.com (previously Tesco). Follow the link to see our full uniform description.
Bushfield runs a wide variety of clubs throughout the week. A list of available clubs is sent out at the start of each term. While we cannot guarantee that a child will get into every club they choose, we try to accommodate their preferred choices. We also cannot guarantee that a child will get into a club for every day of the week however we try to accommodate as many children as possible. Please note that extra curricular clubs must be booked via Parentmail Forms.
Residential visits can provide children with great opportunities to learn and grow, as well as to develop their independence. Bushfield offers a residential visit in each year group. They start simple in Year Three, with a one night stay at the Caldecotte Experience in Milton Keynes. Year Four go on a three day geographical field study trip to Aylmerton in Norfolk. Year Five visit the Pioneer Centre on a three day adventurous activity trip while Year Six visit Bournemouth for a celebratory residential, full of fun activities and visits by the seaside.
- Caldecotte Information Evening – September 2019 Powerpoint
- Aylmerton Parent Meeting- March 2020
- Whitemoor Lakes Information Evening – September 2019 Powerpoint
- Bournemouth Information Evening September 2019 Powerpoint
Please click on the buttons below to find out more information on the Caldecotte Project, Aylmerton Field Study Centre and Whitemoor Lakes
While there will be slight differences between year groups and classes, you can expect your child to receive weekly spelling words to learn. We also ask that children read a small amount on a daily basis. They will all have an appropriate reading book given to them by the school and are able to take out additional reading books through the library. Please could you encourage them to record their reading in their personal logs. The children will also be set regular maths homework to help consolidate their learning from class. Occasionally your child may be set some additional topic work or wider research / reading around a topic.
- During school closure, work is available via class dojo. If you have any problems using class dojo, please do not hesitate to contact the school and we will do our best to help.
- Year 3 home learning will resume here once we return to school
- Year 4 home learning will resume here once we return to school
- Year 5 home learning will resume here once we return to school
- Year 6 home learning will resume here once we return to school
Term Dates 2019-2020
|Autumn Term 2019||Wednesday 4th September -Friday 25th October|
Monday 4th November –
Friday 20th December
|Spring Term 2020||Tuesday 7th January –|
Friday 14th February
Monday 24th February –
Friday 3rd April
|Summer Term 2020||Monday 20th April –|
Friday 22nd May
Tuesday 2nd June –
Friday 17th July
Monday 2nd September 2019
Monday 1st June 2020
Emergency Closure Procedure
Unfortunately, in very extreme circumstances we will deem it necessary to close the school. In the past during situations such as adverse weather conditions it has been very difficult for parents to ascertain whether to struggle to get their children into school.
To avoid this in the future Milton Keynes Council has a system which communicates school procedures not only to parents but also to the media. A website has been created for schools to log onto and close the school. It will then automatically update the local radio station and the Council Website.
If you think Bushfield may be closed, for example due to snow/flooding etc you can find out by visiting the Council’s Website: https://www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/closures?status=c/parent-info
Or you can listen to Heart FM Radio or BBC Three Counties Radio or visit their websites – www.heart.co.uk/ or www.bbc.co.uk/threecounties. We will continue to work with local radio stations to ensure that details of school closures are announced during their shows, for parents who do not have internet access at home.
Each term your child’s year group will send out a Curriculum Newsletter. This will give you an overview of the topics and skills being studied in each subject along with relevant year group information such as up-coming trips or events. Follow the link below to see this year’s curriculum newsletters.
As a school, we are promoting being paperless. All school letters are sent via Parentmail with physical copies sent home to families that are not registered. Letters that are sent sent out will also be posted on our website (follow the link below). Letters that require permission will be sent via the Parentmail ‘Forms’ module. Trips can be paid for via the Parentmail ‘Payments’ module and we will notify you of events via the Parentmail ‘Events’ module.
- General letters & information will be posted here
- Year 4 Times Table Check
- Year 3 – Maths and Reading Information Evening
- Governor Interest November 2019
- Christmas letter from the Headteachers
- Supporting a child to manage their anxiety
- School Attendance information
- BUSHFIELD MICRO BAKERY
- COVID-19 Parents e safety letter.docx
- Letter to Years 3, 4 and 5 regarding the phased re-opening of the Bushfield site
- Letter to Year 6 regarding the phased re-opening of the Bushfield Site
- Phased re-opening – Lettter to parents/carers
- Phased Re-opening – Detailed information
- Bushfield Revised Rules for Children returning to the site